As a health coach, I am constantly asked to give tips on weight loss, the food group that one should eliminate or what is the one thing one must do for a healthy body etc etc…Seldom am I asked questions on what’s good for the brain?
These days we are so concerned about physical appearance and what is visible, such as our skin, our body – because we can’t see our brain, we end up neglecting it and not giving it what it needs.
IT’S TIME TO NOURISH YOUR BRAIN…
Not many, think of exercising the brain or looking after it or thinking about how ignoring the health of the brain can affect the size of the brain, the aging and the ability to think and process information or prevent degenerative diseases such as Alzheimer’s (expected to triple in next 25 years and there is no cure for it. Starts 30 years before any symptoms appear).
Here are a few facts on the brain.
- Your brain is involved in every thing that you do: think, feel, act and interact
- It’s an organ of intelligence, character planning and decision
- Your brain is about 2% of your body weight but it uses 25% of the calories you consume
- According to Dr Daniel Amen, MD” As your weight goes up, the actual physical size and function of your brain goes down.”
- There is no age at which you can be unhealthy.
Healthy Brain :You are happier, healthier, wealthier(you make better decisions) and wiser.
Unhealthy brain: you are sadder, sicker, poorer(poorer decisions) less wise.
Dr Amen believes that “obesity, depression and Alzheimer’s are interrelated diseases, different expressions of an unhealthy lifestyle”. According to him, all the 3 can be tackled by following 4 principles:
- Biology( genes, exercise, sleep, hormones, diet, good health, brain injuries)
- Social life
Which are in part the elements that a health coach works on with its clients. This holistic approach accounts for various facts that can have meaningful impact on mental health.
Take the first step to a healthier, happier life,
book your free session with me here
Integrative Nutrition Health Coach
“Content on this webpage contains the copyrighted material of Integrative Nutrition Inc., © 2012 -“